Monday, December 4, 2006

Bikram Yoga & Random Blatherings

THOUGH I HAVE TO ADMIT that it makes me feel a bit too SoCal to say it: I’m seriously digging the Bikram yoga. There’s a place that recently opened downtown (on Temple, across from the DWP building). It has several advantage for me: first, it’s close to City Hall, it doesn’t smell like feet (yet) and they give a discount to all government employees.

Heh. It still makes me laugh a little bit. Gov’t Employee. Like Gov’t Cheese, it doesn’t exactly have the greatest of connotations. Still, it allows me the time to do my wedding photography (whereas journalism just wore me out), a bit of art photography, and reduce some of the debt I got into whilst trying to make it as a freelancer.

One more random thought: The DWP (Dept. of Water & Power, for those outside the lovely LA basin) building on Temple usually has ALL of its lights on. Now, is this still the case? I’ll check back with an update... But, as always, feel free to leave your own thoughts.

No comments: