Monday, January 22, 2007

The RDO

Today, Monday morning, is my RDO, my regular day off, and is one of the more random benefits of city life. In exchange for working nine-hour days, I get to take every other Monday off. It's damn nice, really, giving me a chance to catch up on all the related nonsense of living.

I thought, at first, that it would end up being the equivalent of an three-day weekend, but it turns out that end up doing my laundry, working on the photo business, writing this blog, etc. That is, what I would be doing but for the fact that I'm usually stuck in a 10-by-10 foot cube at this point in the morning.

Today is also Donna's birthday, and though I took her to the Grand Canyon last weekend, and though we had a huge party for her on Saturday, I still want to do something further. Part of it comes, I expect, from her annoyance that I hadn't done enough to help prepare for said party. And part of my resistance to it (going to, say, the Smokehouse) stems from the fact that I am essentially broke until next payday, have a grip of bills coming up, and am generally stressed about money presently.

Oy.

On a completely unrelated note, I wanted to share a posting I received via a group called "Awesome Artists." The group is a LA-based mailing list for, well, artists and other creative types. Generally, it's filled with listings of gallery openings, events, contests and the likes. But every once in awhile, you get a posting like this from a Robert Moskowitz:

Anyone know where I can borrow, rent, or buy a squirrel suit for an
adult? I need it for February and March.

Thanks.

Robert

I love LA.

No comments: