Monday, April 30, 2007

Boule Shoot




My photographic skills are broadening! I purchased a lightbox from Calumet a couple weeks ago in preparation for my first-ever quasi-professional product shoot. The equipment I used can be found here. Neat, huh?

Anyhow, with a minimum of problems, I set up the box, the lighting and came up with these beautiful images. I'm pretty proud of 'em, I guess you could say. Any praise/criticism (as long as its constructive, por favor) is more than welcome. Damnit, it's encouraged.

By way of background, these pastries come from Boule, which is a high-end pastry shop located at 420 N. Highland Ave. in Los Angeles. I highly suggest checking it out. The images (strawberry tart, carrot cake and pineapple-basil gelatto, will be published in late May as part of a review by Yahoo! Food. (I'll make another note, of course, when it actually gets posted.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice pics. The second one could benefit from a little more contrast.