Thursday, October 11, 2007

A Month!

So, as of today, I will have been on jury service for a whole friggin' month! I really had no idea that answering my summons on Sept. 11 would led to a special type of terror: hours of repetitive testimony, countless delays due to unknown causes, delays because of late fellow jurors, having to drink endless cups of coffee to stay awake.... Man. 


However, we are scheduled to get the case today, meaning that our long nightmare is nearly over. It is a complicated case, however, so I imagine it will take a fair amount of time to work everything out. I figure I'm not allowed to go into much more detail - or, rather, I know I'm not allowed. Hizzoner Mooney has been making that part incredibly clear during pretty much every break, every lunch, every end-of-day speech. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why not simply ask if what you are doing is permissible?