Friday, October 5, 2007

Nice Suit

I had a most enjoyable and random Hollywood experience last night: the movie premiere! Whoo!


Now, I had always figured that if I lived in Los Angeles long enough, I would become an adjunct member of "The Industry," a theory that has not, as yet, proved itself. However, I was able to attend the premiere of "The Darjeeling Limited," by dint of my friendship with Leslie, who works at The Hollywood Reporter. The Wes Anderson movie, which is pretty good, incidentally, stars Adrien Brody, Owen Wilson and Jason Schwartzman, all of whom were in attendance. Neat. 

Leslie rather urgently whispered that Wilson was making his first public appearance following his recent suicide attempt. I dunno if a movie premiere constitutes a public appearance, judging from the security, tickets, metal detectors and the like. But, shucks, if public appearance means Wilson was sharing air with a bunch of people he didn't know (like myself), then it probably was. 

At the very least, Wilson did seem to have enough verve for a touch of ball-busting of Brody who was wearing a shiny silver number. While the stars of the show - including Natalie Portman, who starred in a short shown before the feature - were on stage, Wilson mouthed "nice suit" to Brody. 

Ahh. Very nice. Like I said, the movie was good, the wine was free, and the conversations were silly, somewhat vapid, but pleasant. There you go: my first Hollywood premiere. 

No comments: