Friday, December 7, 2007

Metrolink Citation...

So, as I mentioned before, I got a ticket for fare evasion in November. I couldn't find my ticket when the conductor asked for it, so he gave me a citation. Sigh. This happened on Nov. 15, and since that time, I have not received the usual courtesy notice informing me of the details of my violation, my rights under the law, etc. (On a side note, does "courtesy notice" seem like a misnomer to anyone else? Courtesy would be a dismissal of this damned ticket... but I digress.)

The reason, I believe, I have not gotten my official notice is because the conductor wrote down my address incorrectly.... Very incorrectly. When I asked, via Metrolink's customer service email system, how I could find out details of my citation absent such a notice, was told that I needed to simply show up at court on the state stated on the ticket. All questions would be answered at that time.

The anonymous Metrolink response also told me that I could formally request that Metrolink dismiss its complaint against me. I have done so, and the results of that letter are pasted below. My understanding is that I will receive a response within 10 business days. When I get it, I'll share it with y'all. Wish me luck!

Daniel Evans
xxxx
Burbank, CA 91506

Metrolink-Customer Service
Attn: Citation Appeals
700 S. Flower St., Ste. 2600
Los Angeles, CA 90017-4104

December 6, 2007

RE: Citation #C001633

VIA FAX & US MAIL

To Whom It May Concern:

My name is Daniel Evans, and I am writing to formally appeal the issuance of the above numbered citation. As requested, I have enclosed a copy of the citation, as well as documentation I believe will be helpful in your determination of this matter.

To date, I have no received any information from the court on this matter. The reason for this, I believe, rests in part of the carelessness and inattentiveness of the citing authority. In particular, the following details about my person are incorrect (please refer to the attached copy of my driver’s license):

- My address is xxx N. xxxx Pl, Burbank not xxx N. xxxx Pl., Burbank
- My eyes are blue, not brown
- I hold a CM1 license, not an M1 license

I believe the above details make the citation itself suspect, and subject to further scrutiny by your agency.

I am a regular rider of Metrolink, as can be shown by the attached copy of bank statements. Since late October 2007, I have purchased 10-trip tickets from Burbank to LA Union Station on the following dates: Oct. 25, Nov. 6, Nov. 11 and Dec. 4. When the conductor asked for a copy of my ticket on Nov. 15, I was unable to produce it because I had misplaced it. In fact, it is still lost.

Because of the above factors, I respectfully request that citation #C001633 be dismissed. I am clearly a regular rider, and one that regularly pays his fare. In addition, the errors on the citation itself make it legally suspect.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Yours,

Daniel Evans

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what happened afterwards?

I am now in such a situation

Thanks
--sng.

Anonymous said...

how much was the ticket for i just got one oday and im so bummed i just didnt know we had to get another ticket on the way back because it says valid untill blah blha time...

so i thought ooo as long as i dont pass that time...
i told that to the lady but she was a total bitch about it....


heres my email let me know

popisbylon@yahoo.com