Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Election Day!

So, as you know, today is election day in Burbank. Or, if you didn't, well, vote, damnit. From my rather unscientific research, I'm guessing a fairly low turnout. When I stopped by City Hall to drop off my ballot, the election workers outnumbered the voters by about 3:1.

Of course, this was an mail-in election, and most people probably had already dropped it in the mail. Now, I was about to do this myself, until I read the print on the ballot telling me that the ballot had to be received by the City Clerk by Feb. 24 and POSTMARKS DO NOT COUNT.

That is, in order to mail in the ballot for the mail-in election, you'd have to have the foresight to mail it a couple of days ago... Just to be safe. More than one piece of candidate literature reminded me to mail in my ballot by Feb. 20.

So, the election is on. Check back for the results here.

No comments: