Friday, February 13, 2009

One of those "So, You Think You Had it Bad" Kinda Days...

Following my WiiFit workout -- yes, I'm one of THOSE people -- I spotted something in the paper that made me feel absolutely nauseated. I realize there's plenty of stuff in the news to make one's digestive tract go in reverse, but this one hit particularly hard. From the LA Times:

Last week, Beverly Eckert was at the White House to talk with President Barack Obama about how the new administration could deal with those suspected of terrorism.

This morning, Eckert -- the widow of a man who died in the Sept. 11 attack on the World Trade Center -- was among the 50 people killed when a commuter plane crashed outside Buffalo, N.Y.

Really? This is what fate, or God, has thrown this woman? Really? For what it's worth, Beverly and her husband are together again. Cold comfort for her friends and family, I'm sure.

In any event, it does make all the problems of the last few months fade into the distance a bit.

No comments: