Thursday, March 1, 2007

A Most Amusing Afternoon

Here I work, all broken hearted
I went to sit, and my pants parted

I got sent home from work today. No, not really that bad, but not really that good. My pants, well, they done busted. A pleasant enough morning, filled with the usual coffee, small talk and office nonsense.

And then, riiiiiippp! My blue suit pants, purchased in December 2003, apparently they had enough of my ass (as yogaed out as it may presently be), and went into early retirement. I now am the proud owner of a pair of pants with a hole from the rear pocket to the back of my knees.

"At least you wear underwear," said one of my coworkers. Heh. I GUESS.

They were not exactly my favorite, based on their advanced age, and the fact that they only really look good with my blue suit coat (which now has essentially become worthless as well.)

But, hey, at least I got to go home early. Not such a bad day, really.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Could your recently dumped dry cleaner have had something to do with this?

You know what they say, "Hell hath no fury than a dry cleaner scorned."