Saturday, March 3, 2007

The New Yorker

I opened up my copy of The New Yorker this morning (um, afternoon), and noticed that the famed caption contest has two finalists from the BGP area.

(Yes, I understand no one, yet, claims Burbank-Glendale-Pasadena, exactly. But, hell, we have Westside, Eastside, South Bay.... and North Cennnntrraalll Easssstsiiidee just doesn't have that ring, ya know?)

Anyhow, two of our local denizens, Jonathan Steinhoff, of Burbank, and Charlie Freund, of Glendale, are two of the finalists for the current caption contest. I actually thing Steinhoff's caption is the best, so I'm voting for that one, bravely deflecting accusations of homerism..

So, people, if you couldn't be bothered to vote in the recent City Council elections, mayhaps you could find your way to vote for the New Yorker caption contest. Good on ya.

No comments: