Thursday, September 13, 2007

Juror #1

So, friends, it happened: I have been chosen for the jury. Now, on one level, it seems pretty neat. I've spent many years covering trials and never (until today) had the chance to actually sit in the jury box. On another level, the majority of my waking hours until mid October will be spent in the confines of Dept. 68. The case, as I've mentioned, does not exactly inflame the passions, and will likely be rather boring.

And, as I and my fellow jurors have been told many, many times, I am not supposed to come to any conclusion about the case until I've heard all the evidence. I would presume that writing down my thoughts in this blog, during the course of the trial anyhow, would be a large no-no. However, since we all do have free speech rights, this would only extend until the end of the trial... Seeing as I will have no ability to remember my thoughts at the end of this (estimated) three week trial, I willl be writing my thoughts down... I simply shall not publish my thoughts, waiting until the end of the trial to do that.

No comments: