Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Amtrak Complaint

Here's a copy of the letter I sent to Amtrak... Let's see what happens.

---

Daniel Evans
xxxxx
Burbank, CA 91506

Amtrak
Los Angeles
Union Station
810 North Alameda, 2nd Floor

Los Angeles
, CA 90012

RE: Double Payment of Fare

November 27, 2007

To Whom It May Concern:

I, along with my wife, recently traveled to Solana Beach from Los Angeles Union Station for the Thanksgiving holiday. We took the 4:10 p.m. train out of Los Angeles and arrived in Solana Beach at 6:18 p.m., exactly on time.

After leaving the train, but before the train had left the station, I realized that I had left my ticket in the seatback. I went back to retrieve it, but was advised by a Amtrak conductor that the train would likely continue on to San Diego before I would be able to retrieve the tickets and re-exit the train. However, he said he would tell the crew that my tickets were onboard, and that I would, hopefully, be able to pick them up at the train’s terminus.

This did not happen. I find it outrageous that I could not have been give the 30 seconds necessary to retrieve my tickets – especially with the conductor radioing the crew as to my predicament – or, failing this, that the crew did not find my ticket. Further, I am disappointed that I had to purchase an additional set of tickets despite being told – both during the initial purchase and the second purchase – that my signature ensured no one by my wife and myself could use the tickets.

As such, I believe I should be refunded the price paid for the second set of tickets, $54. Here is the information regarding the trips:

11-23 DEBIT PURCHASE Nov23 07:34p xxxx

AT 19:34 AMTRAK xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx $ 54.00

11-20 DEBIT PURCHASE

AMTRAK xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx $ 114.00

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

Daniel Evans

No comments: