Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving Holiday

I, it seems, may have bad train luck. This time, instead of getting caught for not having a ticket, I had to buy TWO sets of tickets because I lost 'em. Brother.

Donna and I headed down to San Diego for our booze-free Thanksgiving (more on that later, perhaps). She met me at Union Station after work, and the two of us merrily hopped on the southbound Amtrak. All went well until our stop in Solana Beach. I left our return tickets in the seat back, realizing it only after stepping off the train.

The train was still at the station, but the doors would have closed before I could have jumped on, found my seat and retrieved the tickets. Though a conductor promised the crew would be looking for them, they were nary to be found. AND, though I had a reservation number which, I was told, ensured that no one besides Donna and I could use the tickets, I had to purchase a second set.

This seems very strange to me. So, in the interest of seeing what happens, I'm going to write a letter to Amtrak seeking a refund of my double-purchased tickets. Maybe, just maybe, someone will see things my way. Maybe.

No comments: