Monday, December 3, 2007

Amtrak Follow Up

As I mentioned in a previous post, I was required, much to my chagrin, to purchase an additional set of tickets after losing my non-transferable Amtrak tickets. Details of that debacle can be found here.

I shot off a letter to Amtrak requesting a refund of the double-purchased tickets, arguing that, since no one besides me could use the tickets, it made little sense for me to purchase another set. To be honest, I had no expectation that this would go anywhere. I mean, I did lose the tickets. Life sucks, get a helmet.

But less than 48 hours after filing my online complaint, I received a phone call from Amtrak customer support. After verifying that I had, indeed, purchased two sets of tickets, the service rep told me that I would receive a voucher for future travel equal to the cost of the unused tickets. Very nice. I am quite impressed. Good job Amtrak. Good job indeed.

No comments: