Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Not Too Much News Today...

There doesn't seem to be all that much going on in good ole Burbank today (or, rather, yesterday). A lack of news has never stopped this blog from sallying forth, however, so here's a few of the things on my mind currently:

Lasik: I'm quite tired of wearing glasses. I have an appointment this Saturday to check out one of the many and varied Lasik surgery centers. It's called LasikFirst in Hawthorne. Has anyone out there heard about them? The most attractive thing about them, so far, is that they want $999 for the surgery, while other places seem to be charging twice or three times that amount. I don't necessarily want to go on the cheap for my eyes, but I don't exactly want to pay more than necessary, either.

Also, since I am a photographer (check out my work at www.danevans.org or my photoblog), I wonder whether or not having the lasik surgery done would be tax deductible. I think I'll have to call my tax guy and find out. Seems like a reasonable question.

Shopping: I'm trying to figure out what the hell to get people for Christmas. Donna has already (and repeatedly) said that she doesn't want to spend too much, as she's going to be taking off much of next year and part of 2009 to complete her teaching credential. To me, 2009 seems waaay too far in advance to be worried about, but I do have to say she is probably right to be thinking ahead.

Still, this leaves me in a quandary. How much to spend? On whom? For what? Hey, I didn't say this post was going to be interesting. I'm just trying to write in it more often, if only to get the cobwebs out of my brain.

No comments: