Tuesday, January 29, 2008

South Beach Diet, Day 3

So, I'm now on the third day of the South Beach Diet. I have tended to feel rather tired at night, though I think I am sleeping better... Maybe because the tiredness makes me want to go to bed earlier. Anyhow, on with the documentation:

Weigh-in: 186.2 lbs. (7:45 a.m.)

Gym: Yes. 20 minutes incline machine, ab work

This is weird to me. I have been eating well, and yet my weight has increased from yesterday. I suppose there's plenty of reasons why this could be the case (water weight, etc.), but it's still a bit discouraging. Additionally, I was pretty hungry last night and I did eat something at about 11 p.m. I know that this may lead to weight gain, as your body doesn't digest things all that well while one is sleeping.

On a random note, I have now been on hold with the South Beach Diet Online people for nearly 15 minutes. It turns out I lost my SBD book, and wanted to see if I could get a few recipes online... Well, it turns out the best place online is the South Beach Diet Online. They offer a free seven day trial of the site...

The site seems pretty good, I'll admit. However, the price they want for it, $65 a quarter (at $5 a week), is way too much... Especially since the actual book will run you all of $15. Additionally, the cost of the online program is buried at the bottom of the "FREE TRIAL" button.

I'll let you all know how it turns out. Wish me luck.

Breakfast

Piece spinach frittata
Cup Coffee

Lunch

Cheesy Tuna & Bean Soup (yeah, I know, but it tastes better than it sounds... won't be making it again, though.)
Salad with Grilled Chicken
Water
Fat Free Pudding Cup

Snack

Half of a proferred cream puff (whoops... but, as they say, admit your mistakes and sin no more) It was probably no more than 200 calories, anyhow. I hope.

Dinner

More Soup
Chicken Breast
Pudding Cup
Crystal Light

No comments: