Wednesday, February 13, 2008

South Beach Diet -- Stalled

OK, so I haven't written down my eating habits regarding my South Beach Diet for, well, nearly two weeks. The reason? I haven't been all that South Beachy in my eating habits. I am back up (or down, really) to 184 lbs., which is an improvement from 187. Still, it's a rather hard diet to stick to. Here's my issues: 


- A good majority of my social activity involves going to see a band, going to a bar or going out to eat... and during Phase 1, you're not supposed to touch a drop of booze. This is harder than I expected. 

- The recipes in the South Beach Diet book are quite good. Unfortunately, it's tough, near impossible, to make the foods required based on my 9-hour workday and hour (each way) commute. Who wants to stop by the Ralphs after such a long day... and then make food afterward? Mind you, eating whatever happened to be around is how I started to get chubby in the first place, but, man, this is also harder than I expected. 

- Donna is not doing this with me. This means that all the food I make is essentially for me, either because a) it's not palatable to Donna and/or b) contains some sort of meat product (she's gone veggie in the last few months). 

Still, I'll solider on. I'm essentially doing a modified version of the diet, keeping down the carbs as much as possible, eating a lot of salads, and drinking only vodka... Less sugar. 

1 comment:

Nelson T. Eusebio III said...

Kelly and I are now trying this. What the hell, right? It's Day 1 of string cheese and salad.

I do hear you, though. Sticking to some diet after 10 hours of work/traveling sucks.

I think the key is to load up with groceries on your day off, then at least you've got good stuff at home to make.

I am already too poor to be drinking, but I know that by week two I am going to want to cut down a wheat field to grow my own beer.