Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Almost gave on me, didya?

So, after an extraordinary hiatus, I'm back to blogging. Frankly, I'm amazing that this little site gets dozens (dozens!) of readers, despite a lack of any new information for, umm, nearly a year.

But, the good people at Blogger (thanks Google!) don't kick one off for a lack of writing. However, I notice that I'm still getting inquires about the Lasik procedure and the Metrolink ticket. Many people, it seems, still have eyesight they want corrected and/or fail to pay the fare.

So, then, here's the updates:

LASIK -- My eyes are still good. They itched something terrible for a few weeks, and I needed the eyedrops for about six weeks... But, then again, they said my eyes would itch and I would need eyedrops for about six weeks. I'm suspecting that the economy may blur (heh heh) the eye-repair business, but I've been pretty satisfied with the work. All my other criticisms still apply.

METROLINK -- I was forgiven the ticket. A couple of days prior to when I was scheduled to go to court (I even scheduled the day off), I received a note from LA Superior Court saying that my case had been dismissed. My impression (though, I must admit, I do not know for sure) is that Metrolink requested that the case be dismissed and the court obliged. I did send Metrolink (at Metrolink's request) a check for $5 (the cost of the trip in question), which I believe did the trick.

Bottom line: Pay your fare. It's a good deal, and getting caught without a valid ticket is a royal pain in the ass.

***
Shameless Plug Alert

I run a wedding, event and portrait photography business. If you have any need for such services, please think of me. Samples of my work can be viewed at www.danevans.org and at danielevans.smugmug.com.
***

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous, i went to LasikFirst last year in january as well, and although my vision is alot better than the -5 and -4 prescriptions i had before it just isn't krisp, i've got a little bit of bluriness at a distance. I would go back for a consult (this would be my second i went back at the six month mark and had them give me a look over and they told me my eyes still needed to heal more.) but apparently it is now gone! I also got a letter in the mail saying that they had declared bankruptcy. Did you get that to? I'm a little freaked out now to tell you the truth.