Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Burbank Follower 1.29.08

Burbank Leader Website Redesign
Clearly, I've been out of it for awhile, but it looks like the Burbank Leader has a new look. I like it. Leader.

Council Wrap
Playground equipment, bike lanes, development deadlines, oh my! Leader.

Homeless Shelter Operators Looking for New Site
The Union Rescue Mission, which operates a shelter at the Burbank National Guard Armory, is seeking an alternative site. The Armory will be closed Feb. 6-8 and March 6-8 for, presumably, Armory-type-activities. Leader.

Airport Curfew Study
Stop me if you've heard this one already: The good people at Bob Hope Airport have agreed to spend $6 million on whether people are annoyed by airplane noise. Sigh. Leader.

Saturday Rally About Chandler Crossing
Edison Elementary parents hope to goad the City Council into making the crossing at Keystone Street and Chandler Boulevard safer for the kiddies. (I live near that intersection, and it's a nightmare.... Good luck, guys.) Leader.

***
Shameless Plug Alert
I run a wedding, event and portrait photography business. If you have any need for such services, please think of me. Samples of my work can be viewed at www.danevans.org and at danielevans.smugmug.com.
***

No comments: