Friday, January 30, 2009

Burbank Follower 1.30.09

I actually wasn't going to do one of these today, as I found nearly shite about Burbank in our local news-content-providers. However, here's a bit of Burbank-related news you may have missed.

Starving Yourself to Live
The newest trend, so sez the LA Times, is starvation diets. That is, people desiring to lose weight simply put down the fork -- and don't pick it up. Is it safe? Ruth Frechman, a Burbank-based registered dietitian says it's generally a bad idea. LA Times (The date stamp on this one is Feb. 2, 2009... I'm waaay ahead of the curve on this one.)

Fitness Fashion
In a related story (I've always wanted to write that), the Times picks up on fashion in Los Angeles-area fitness centers, focusing on Burn Studios in Burbank. LA Times (This one is dated Feb. 1, 2009. What the hell is going on?)

***
Shameless Plug Alert
I run a wedding, event and portrait photography business. If you have any need for such services, please think of me. Samples of my work can be viewed at www.danevans.org and at danielevans.smugmug.com.
***

No comments: